About Glacier Valley Transit
Glacier Valley Transit (GVT) operates a year-round transportation busing system with fixed route service in Girdwood, Alaska. GVT is a non-profit company and leases employees from Alyeska Resort. GVT is made possible by a grant from the Federal Transit Authority and The Alaska Department of Transportation.
How to Ride
- Seatbelts must be worn when the bus is in motion.
- The seats in the front of the bus are reserved for senior citizens and disabled passengers, so the driver may ask you to move if those seats are needed.
- Skis and snowboards can be placed in the racks on the exterior of the bus. Ski poles should be brought inside. Please keep your equipment under control with sharp points and edges pointed down and away from other riders. When boarding the buses, please allow exiting passengers off first.
- Please remain seated until the bus has stopped, then hold onto the rails when heading down the steps out the door.
- No food, drink or pets allowed.
Comments and suggestions can be directed to:T: 907-382-9908